
One-Scan:
This was a really fun project. Who knew a little personal scanner had so much potential? I scanned a million and one things but these two were my favorite. The first scan was created by opening the lid of the scanner about an inch every few seconds. I like how it gave this nice rippled paper effect. The second scan was taken with the lid completely open. The light hovering over the flower is from a flashlight from my friends i-phone. The combination of light from the scanner and phone makes it look like the flower is in front of the black and grey lines, which I thought was really cool. The lines were also created from the i-phone which was blinking.
Scan Collage:

This is the finished product of my scan collage. I found some random film and thought it would be fun for my camera to get some screen time. I scanned all the images individually and then edited them in Camera RAW and photoshop. I knew it would be impossible to select my black images on top of a black background, so to get rid of all the spots and smudges from the scanner,I adjusted the levels and increased the shadows. I then lightened up my camera equipment seperately from the background and then took it into photoshop to make a few more adjustments with the clone stamp and brush tool. Once the images were cleaned up I just rotated a few and put them together with the brush tool and black and white paint. The last thing I did was smart sharpened the camera body and lens.

This was a really fun project. Who knew a little personal scanner had so much potential? I scanned a million and one things but these two were my favorite. The first scan was created by opening the lid of the scanner about an inch every few seconds. I like how it gave this nice rippled paper effect. The second scan was taken with the lid completely open. The light hovering over the flower is from a flashlight from my friends i-phone. The combination of light from the scanner and phone makes it look like the flower is in front of the black and grey lines, which I thought was really cool. The lines were also created from the i-phone which was blinking.Scan Collage:

This is the finished product of my scan collage. I found some random film and thought it would be fun for my camera to get some screen time. I scanned all the images individually and then edited them in Camera RAW and photoshop. I knew it would be impossible to select my black images on top of a black background, so to get rid of all the spots and smudges from the scanner,I adjusted the levels and increased the shadows. I then lightened up my camera equipment seperately from the background and then took it into photoshop to make a few more adjustments with the clone stamp and brush tool. Once the images were cleaned up I just rotated a few and put them together with the brush tool and black and white paint. The last thing I did was smart sharpened the camera body and lens.



Tanae, I love the scans. The texture and layers in your one scan are sweet! It adds a lot of depth to the photo. Super creative with the flower petals. It's like you created your own font. And dude, those lines are sick on the 2nd one scan. For your collage, I really like the turquoise camera strap. It pops out in the photo really well. One thing I'd re-think if you were to do this again is flow. My eye doesn't seem to naturally flow around the photo. I feel the attempt for sure, but maybe work with the rule of thirds more? Overall, bomb job girl!
ReplyDelete