Sunday, February 27, 2011

Portraits

Original:

Edited:

Strike a Pose: Portrait Bannack: 3/22/11 11:48pm; Bannack; f 5.6 1/50

In camera Raw I adjusted the usual. Levels, clarity, contrast, and sats. The saturation really made her red hair and blue eyes pop which I love. Then in Photoshop I got a little carried away with the brush tool. I painted out her blemishes and also the slight bags under her eyes with a lower opacity. Her lips then looked a little pale (probably from the cold!) so I gave them a bit more color with the brush tool as well.


Original:

Edited:

Portrait 2: 3/22/11 2:48pm; Bannack; f 4.0 1/400

I liked this portrait but it was a bit overexposed. I shot a lot of my shots in RAW so the mistake was pretty easy to correct in camera RAW. I adjusted the brightness, levels, clarity, contrast, and saturation. I then also decided the crop the picture. I then brought it into Photoshop and used the brush tool to even out some of her skin tone and a few spots of her eye makeup. I made the mistake of not focusing on her eyes when I took the shot, so I selected them in Photoshop and used smart filter to take away some of the blur. I then used the brush tool with a lower opacity and went over her lips with a slightly darker pink.


Original:

Edited:

Portrait 3: 2/22/11 12:36pm; Bannack; f 3.5 1/60

The only thing I did to this photo was take it into camera raw to adjust the levels and saturation.

2 comments:

  1. Tanae-Awesome portraits. What great poses! The edits are also really well done. The overall composition also looks great. Good use of rule of thirds. The original of the second portrait was a bit blown out but you did a great job cropping it. Really good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crop you did on your second portrait looks great! I like the angle you got on your original and the crop helps you know where to focus. I really like the placement of your third portrait. The beat up wall looks great and leads right to the subject. I think you picked great scenes for your reverse shallow depth. You can clearly see the difference.

    ReplyDelete