Sunday, February 13, 2011

Edge and Border Effects

Ana: 2/5/11 3:16pm Rexburg f 9.0 1/40 canon t1i

For this Edit I used tutorial #11, the flexible brushed-on effect. I created a new layer and made it white by hitting Cmd Delete. Then I unlocked the image layer putting it above my white layer before adding a black layer mask to hide the image layer. I then chose brush number 46 increasing the size and brushing in Ana with varying strokes of opacity. For a final touch, I added her name and got the color by eye-dropping the wall behind her.



Tina: 2/11/11 9:04 pm Pocatello f4.6 1/6 canon t1i
I attempted the double fade border with this image from my sister's birthday this weekend. (tutorial #12) I first cropped the image to a 9x7 and then under image-canvas size, extended the canvas with a white border. (which can't be seen with the white background of my blog.) I then used the rectangle tool with the help of shape layer and fill pixels to create the middle border, which I then blurred with motion blur.

Waiting: 1/22/11 4:22pm Rexburg f 6.3 1/40 canon t1i

For this image I added a burn border. (tutorial #13) I copied the layer with Cmd J and chose multiply belnding mode to darken the exposure. Then using the rectangular marquee I drew a border and hit delete which left the image with a darkened outside border. With my selection still up I choose the bottom layer and went to Edit-Stroke and created a thin black line to give the two exposures more emphasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment