Monday, February 21, 2011

Fine Art Template

Flower: 8/07/10 6:27pm; Utah; f 5.6 1/125 canon t1i


Tod: 2/20/11 1:42pm; Rexburg; f 5.6 1/125 canon t1i
windshield: 2/19/11 10:50; Rexburg; f 5.6 1/ 320 canon t1i

I really liked the idea of this fine art template. I especially loved learning how to make my signature into a brush. I scanned my signature, brought it into Photoshop and then pushed Select All (Cmd A) and went into Edit- brush preset. Then there was my signature in the Brush Tool.

To make the rest of the template I used the rectangle tool, copying it 4 times with Hold-Shift-Option-Cmd-T and then aligning it with the "Align Horizontal Center" icon. I sadly couldn't find the perfect photo to put into it. The flower is an old photo I took during the summer which looked nice, but I wanted to try something a little different. So I took out some portraits that I took of my friend Tod last weekend. He deserves a spotlight for getting me home safely on Saturday. I made the images black and white, adjusted the levels and contrast, and used the clone stamp to get rid of a few skin blemishes. I dragged the photos onto the template and right clicked on the layer palette to choose "Create Clipping Mask", so the images would be behind the template. I was going to make the template all portraits but I decided to break it up instead. I added the windshield photo twice for repetition and then made the photo of his hand larger.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your fine art templates Tanae! I really like the flower one and how you spaced in out in the squares. It has great detail and I love the color. The second one is really cool too. I like that it is black and white and so unique in what is shown in each square. Great job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your image called “blind” It was very interesting and I’m curious to know how you got the lights going in different directions. When I tried to do my light painting with the camera the lights would only go in the same direction. Did you like spin or spiral the camera somehow? I don’t know how I feel about the car ones. I tried that myself and I feel like it never produces very good results but the one with the camera in it is awesome. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete