Monday, February 7, 2011

Portraits


Ana: 2/5/11 3:18pm Rexburg; f10 1/25 canon t1i

You can't spell Tanae without Ana. Its just a fact. Ana is great for photoshoots. She's always up for an adventure, whether its in tight spaces, (like this shot) or trudging through snow in the wrong kind of shoes. Thanks for being so great Ana. I wanted to do some editing to this image so I took it into RAW and changed the contrast. I also brought down the darks and brought up the highlights. I then went to the brush tool and coated the three corners changing it's exposure and saturation level. I then opened it in photoshop and slightly dimmed the saturation of the entire image.





Bus: 2/5/11 3:22 Rexburg: f 18 1/60 t1i canon

I loved the lines of the buses that lead right to Ana. I wanted everything as clear as possible so I put my f stop to f 18. I took it into RAW and bumped up the contrast and enhanced the darks and shadows. That made Ana completely black so I then used the brush tool to lighten her up. It was a little tricky. I think it would look better if I went back to the defaults and started over for a second attempt but I think it turned pretty well. Just a little different from what I was picturing.









A mother's love:1/1/11 5:18pm Pocatello f 5.6 1/124 canon t1i
Poor little Danica was really sick this day. The pose was so natural and sweet I just had to sneak a picture, and little Danny looked up right when I took it.
So I did a lot of editing on this picture. I actually did a color replacement with Danica's outfit and I also used the clone stamp on my sister-in-law Janine. I didn't look at the syllabus well enough before I started my assignments, but I liked the edit so much more when comparing it to the origional that I decided to keep it. If your curious on how I did this, you can go to the next post entitled Matching, Replacing, & Enhancing.





Blowin the Brass: 2/6/11 1:12pm Rexburg apts; f4.0 1/200 tripod t1i canon

Elizabeth is one of my talented roomies who is a really fun to take pictures of! This picture was a little hard with the dark lighting in her room, so pulled out my tripod and opened the blinds. I really like the reflection on her french horn. I pumped up the saturation slightly, adjusted the levels and used a smart sharpen filter to make her eyes a little sharper.





2 comments:

  1. I love your creative portraits and that bus shot is my favorite! Nice work, Tanae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved your portraits! I felt the different angles really seemed to capture Ana's personality, she seems like such a fun bubbly girl, and this was shown through her portraits.I liked that you opened them in raw and edited them because it gives it a very professional feel. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete