Monday, January 31, 2011

RAW Edits

Original:
No Parking: 1/14/11 3:52pm; Rexburg; f 4.0; 1/1600 canon t1i

Edited:

This is the image I'm sending to Sister Esplin through i-learn, but I decided to post it up here anyways. There isn't a lot of color in this photo so I didn't change any of the saturation or hues. I increased the brightness, clarity and the contrast. I also played with the levels a little.




leaf: 1/15/11 3:12pm; Gardens; f6.3; 1/100; canon t1i


Edited:

I had never edited a JPEG in RAW until this assignment. Coming from the photo crew from scroll I thought that was a sin, but it looks like its possible and does a pretty good job. I put this photo into bridge where I then hit cmd R to bring it into bridge. I adjusted the sats, added contrast, clarity, and added a little vibrance. I then adjusted the levels increasing the highlights while intensifying the shadows and darks. I also boosted the saturation of the red.

2 comments:

  1. Tanae, I really like your photos this week! I love the panoramic of the guitar, I think it turned out really well. The only suggestion I would have would be to add a little warmth to the photo on Photoshop so it adds a little more life even though it is black and white. I really like your two camera raw photos. I like the highlight on the no parking sign, it adds a lot to the image and makes it more interesting. I really like how you brought out the color of the leafs. I like how simple that photo is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you did a very good editing Job on the no parking sign. I like how you brought out the colors by brightening it. I also liked how your center is brighter than giving it a focal point. My eyes are drawn to focus within the picture. I think you did a wonderful job with lighting.

    ReplyDelete