


flower: 8/25/10; 4:56p,; Pocatello-roadside; f 5.6; 1/60boat: 8/10/10; 5:25:am; Bear Lake; f 3.5; 1/50
Both of these are also past photos of mine that I thought looked fairly simple to attempt a cutout. I used the magic wand to quickly grab my flower and made a few minor adjustments with the lasso tool. I then put it on a new page and feathered it ever so slightly. The partial cutout was a little more tricky. I first used the magic wand brush to select the boat going over it again with the lasso for a more precise cut. After saving my selection I created a new layer and put a rectangle over the top portion of my photo that I wanted white. I reversed it, put the new layer on the old one, hid part of a layer and I had my partially cutout boat. Unfortunately I forgot to feather this photo, and learned the hard way that photo's can't be feathered after they're deselected and flattened.
I like your cut out of the sunflower. I enjoy the texture of the sunflower seeds in the middle and how they seem to stick out. Overall, I feel the exposure levels are good, but I would probably try making it a tad bit brighter because the dark middle absorbs so much light it can make it a little difficult to see some things. Nonetheless, a wonderful cut out!
ReplyDeleteThe boat on the water is amazing! one thing that i would change would be i would have cut out more of the background and make it level where the boat meets the water. Its a beautiful picture though
ReplyDelete