road sign: 1/14/11 11:20am; Rexburg 2nd South Street; f 9.0; 1/250 canon t1i
Emergency: 1/14/11; 9:57pm; Rexburg-campus; f 5.6; 1/80 canon t1i
Snowman: 1/17/11; 8:57am; Brooklyn Apartments; f 14.0; 1/60 canon t1iBlue seemed to find me this week so I chose it for my color study. On all of these images I slightly adjusted the levels. I also sharpened all four with smart sharpen and slightly enhanced the saturation by just boosting the blues and cyans so they would stand out a bit more. The only one I did anything different to was my emergency shot. When adjusting the levels I brought out the shadows and then cropped the image slightly because there was a glare from a nearby street lamp.
I think you did a great job with the color study and were able to demonstrate the color blue through diverse pictures. I like the picture "Emergency" a lot because it's a great texture and has a vibrant blue color and it's a different angle of looking at police lights. The photo of the house in the gardens is great too because of the way it's framed with the branches. I like the shallow depth of field and the way the ice crystals are hanging from the branches.
ReplyDeleteYour color study looks great! The blue in “Emergency” is amazing. I also like how close you got to the subject. It makes it much more interesting. Good job on your editing post as well. I like how you have more of the textured picture on the sides but lowered the opacity for the subject of the picture in the center. I love using stoned walls for texture. Good work!
ReplyDelete